I just saw it last week and really enjoyed it! Definately the best version out there (and there are many). I loved the almost eerie asthetic without it actually being scary or anything. So many pretty colors and textures. ~JC
I haven't seen this one yet (I think I'm "saving" it for some silly reason...), but I re-watched the '96 version with Charlotte Gainsbourg the other night, which I LOVE. I suspect I will love this new one even more.
Just watched it, and liked it a lot. I always go into watching screen adaptations of Jane Eyre with trepidation: it is so easy to get this book wrong ( 2006 BBC version, for example). This, however, was beautifully done, and with just a right bit of 'over the top' emotion/acting. Scenery, exteriors/interiors, costumes, lightning, music were all perfect. Nobody makes period dramas better than Brits. Also, Fassbender, rawr. By far the sexiest, most passionate Rochester of them all, kind of what I imagined he would be if he was a real person.
me too!!!!
ReplyDeleteI just saw it last week and really enjoyed it! Definately the best version out there (and there are many).
ReplyDeleteI loved the almost eerie asthetic without it actually being scary or anything. So many pretty colors and textures.
~JC
I haven't seen this one yet (I think I'm "saving" it for some silly reason...), but I re-watched the '96 version with Charlotte Gainsbourg the other night, which I LOVE. I suspect I will love this new one even more.
ReplyDeleteYes. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteYes - it's lovely. Definitely one of the best adaptations.
ReplyDeleteGreat tip! I am looking for something special to watch- thanks-
ReplyDeleteno i haven't, but am putting in my list. I see your color palate in these two shots. i'm loving your new dark blues + blacks...
ReplyDeleteI LOVED IT!
ReplyDeleteJust watched it, and liked it a lot. I always go into watching screen adaptations of Jane Eyre with trepidation: it is so easy to get this book wrong ( 2006 BBC version, for example). This, however, was beautifully done, and with just a right bit of 'over the top' emotion/acting. Scenery, exteriors/interiors, costumes, lightning, music were all perfect. Nobody makes period dramas better than Brits. Also, Fassbender, rawr. By far the sexiest, most passionate Rochester of them all, kind of what I imagined he would be if he was a real person.
ReplyDeleteuh - the clothes there are going to drive me to see it if nothing else.
ReplyDelete