Monday, March 8, 2010

civil war at auction







Well, excuse me but, HOLY GODDAMN CRAP! The first two images are of a civil war era back pack I think is the sexiext thing I've seen in eons. Then we have a civil war era saddle. Obviously these things will be sold to collectors for far more money than I could spend but MY GOD. I just think that back pack is beautiful.
Then there are a few other things I especially liked from this auction preview...a watercolor landscape, a worn rug and tooled leather basket. This looks like a good auction. I may have to go just to gawk.

5 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh that stuff is SO NEAT!

littlebyrd said...

I wish I could go!! You definitely must attend :)

MANDY said...

Oh Wow, I wish I could bid on the rug!!! Great post, thanks

Lambert said...

The bag is fantastic, I agree.

Peg and Awl said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm