Here are some things I found this morning snooping around the internets for folk art. The top images are frakturs. Probably my most favorite things right now. The first image is a marriage proposal.
Then that miniature chest is an example of grain painting in faux tiger and bird's eye maple or burl design. Like the door in a previous post. I'm really into this folk art decorative painting right now.
Then that wooden thing...it's a bit of a larger piece and it's a bed smoother dated 1684. Rocking cool, right?
Then we have a metal rooster to celebrate my layer hens purchase.
Then a box which is "chip carved tramp art."
And then some furniture I would welcome in my home.
And last, an old "I'll be back" shop sign. I probably won't be back till Monday. Tomorrow is Eli's birthday and I'd tell you what I got him cuz it's way awesome but he sometimes reads this so I guess I won't. Just know this- you WISH you had one. You WILL be jealous.
*images from folkartisans.com, auktiononline.com, countyseatantiques.com, timpotter.com









HAPPY BIRTHDAY Eli for tomorrow!!!!
ReplyDeleteIf you're reading this...lol.
AND I fall in love every time I see a piece of furniture with LOTS of draws...
This would be my perfect Birthday present too!
Looking forward to seeing what Eli got for his Birthday.
HUGS
Char
I love this kind of stuff. That rooster is quite a find.
ReplyDeleteThese are all beautiful. I'm gonna have to sit down and spend a good hour or so reading your blog this weekend...
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your family birthday celebrations
Excellent finds. Enjoy celebrating Eli's Bday. Cheers, Mandy
ReplyDeleteI could kiss you on the lip for that post...you made my day...
ReplyDeleteThe marriage proposal is really incredible. Great find.
ReplyDelete