Wednesday, March 31, 2010

oak bluffs, martha's vineyard





So, a long long long time ago when my daughter was a baby so that would be like 17 years ago.  God.  Let me just sit with that for a minute.  Ok, deep breathing, moving on....we took a little holiday to Martha's Vineyard.  We were staying a few blocks from this little community of really cute houses.  Cute, right?  So one day I went over there and painted a picture of a few of these houses.  It was a pretty good painting.  Braggy.  Then it was time to go home.  Oh no!  We were running late and thought we might miss the ferry. So we were rushing.  I put the painting on the roof of the car and ran back inside to grab something else (at this point you know where this story is going) and so when we got in the car finally and drove off at high speed the painting flew off the roof and no one noticed and it was gone and lost forever. 

That's my Oak Bluffs story.

The end.


4 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

you're an artist? and here I was admiring you just for your writing style....

Anonymous said...

so sad! you must go back. those houses are just too gorgeous.

Chrissy Ann Ceramics said...

Oh that's over in my neck of the woods... looks like you need to come back! : ) It is lovely there especially in the fall when it starts to quiet down crowd wise but the weather is still nice!

Anonymous said...

oh god. that stinks. i wanted to see your painting. I'm sure you want to see again too, Oh Liane!
I went to martha's vineyard once - I was young, but I remember the ferry. My parents have a friend that still lives there, and she is a hairdresser, and cuts Cher's hair, from what I've been told, so she knows "people" right? So I met James Taylor's brother or sister or something, and dug for shell creatures on the beach with his niece and nephew. I think her name was Alexandra. And that my dear, is my Martha's Vineyard memory :)