Friday, April 9, 2010

noel hill and the concertina plus little me square dancing



I defy you to not stomp your foot to this music!  I love it so much.  This music reminds me when I was little I use to go to square dances on Saturday nights at the church next door to me.  Some of the best times of my life.  No matter your mood, you will have a huge smile on your face when you square dance.  It brings out the happy no matter what.

I have been dreaming about playing the accordian but I just started researching and I think I may try the concertina first.  I just really want to learn to play some music.  The other instruments that appeal to me are the double base and banjo.  For no obvious reason, I guess.  I just like the sounds and I can imagine myself playing them.  Do you play an instrument?

Oh, hey, this video is really good so do listen if you get a minute.  But you can skip the talk at the beginning by zooming ahead to about 1:50 minutes.

2 comments:

nadine paduart said...

good luck to you, hey? it looks pretty difficult, but maybe that's just me? i like the rhythm. thank you.

freefalling said...

I swear my little dog was sleeping next to me as I played this and her 2 little front legs did a jig!
Just a little one.
Could have been a spasm.