Wednesday, July 21, 2010

the looney bin and fleeting flowers and gastronomic heaven





i guess the first thing i want to tell you is that i did a 2 hour yoga class last night and i'm beginning to LOVE YOGA.  several years ago when i was walking A LOT everyday.  probably 5 miles. which is a lot for me.  i realized that the main benefit to it (beyond not chubbing out) was that it kept me from being checked into the looney bin.  and i've been thinking about yoga in this way, too.  except last night i was thoroughly void of any worries during the practice but then i sweah to gawd in the last few minutes of the class every concern and trouble which had cleared out came flooding back in my head.  it was not pleasant.  i hadn't experienced that with walking.  that's the end of that tale.  it's a story with loose ends.

prior to yoga i had whipped up that pretty little bouquet (weird word) for nana for her b-day.  sweet colors. 

also wanted to show you that the trellis i made in the spring on the front porch is flowering with morning glories.  a little bit at least. 

and then we have the first tomato from my garden.  which i ate for dinner last night with balsamic and fresh mozarella and also a cucumber from the garden.  heaven, i tell you.

looooooove,
me

6 comments:

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

ok, think you've convinced me. as an ex-walker (who no longer seems to have time to walk and when i do i get even more amped up), perhaps i need to switch to yoga!

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to try yoga for ever. I don't know what's stopped me and I'm gonna hate myself if i don't ever do it. I used to walk everyday too. i miss it now, so so much. I agree with both benefits.
You think a yoga class rather than a dvd right?

littlebyrd said...

I both walk and do a bit of yoga and walking is always the best for my mind. Jealous you have tomatoes. I have a really awesome and easy recipe for a fresh pasta sauce if you want it...let me know.
Hope you are feeling well today :)

BananaSaurusRex said...

For me, yoga requires so much concentration that I can't possibly think about anything else. Maybe I'm just yoga-challenged, but I think that's what I like about it.

BananaSaurusRex said...

And your bouquet is really pretty. Hydrangeas are my fave, but we can't really grow them here....

Chloe said...

How sweet! My morning glory sprouted a single little bloom this very morning. Also jealous of your fresh tomatoes. Why oh why did I not plant tomatoes? What was I thinking?