Thursday, February 17, 2011

discovering tea




it would be near impossible to overstate how much i yearn to travel.  it is the reason why i watch so many travel documentaries.  it causes me to dream in the colors of india and even the isolation of rural north korea.  it is satisfying to dream. but i imagine myself a wide-eyed kid again when i finally get to step foot on a different continent.  it embarrasses me to say this but i get tears welled up in my eyes when i think of it.  like travel is the soulmate i never met.

so anyway, dramatic prelude to just wanting to introduce you to something i stumbled upon the other day.  discovering tea is the blog of francois-xavier delmas.  he has been travelling to and photographing tea plantations all over the world for the past 25 years.  his blog is about his passion for tea as well as his impressions of and appreciation for the different people and places he finds.  his photos are stunning.  living the dream, i say.

5 comments:

beth said...

Wow- that's a really beautiful website, and I love his whole premise. And, like you, I feel like travel is the soulmate I've never met- or rather that it is the soulmate that I've met briefly on a few occasions, but I've never gotten the chance to connect with in depth. Not yet, anyway...

beth said...

That was... tasty? A visual treat. I too long to travel, maybe just to be able to see things with fresh eyes.

Anne said...

Oh thank you for that link! Love tea, love traveling so of course i love his blog!
Am reading Shantaram at the moment and i ache to go to India... so i really understand the dreaming :)

A and B said...

You could have taken the words straight out of my mouth, I feel absolutely the same way about travel!

Chiot's Run said...

Lovely, I loved the part in Around the World in 80 Gardens when he visited a tea plantation. Quite interesting and beautiful. Thanks for the recommendation, it looks quite interesting!