Wednesday, November 2, 2011

books+ink


this was a favorite book of mine as a teenager.  i reread it every several years but i'm afraid my old copy, with the cover half ripped off, did not make it with me in my house move last spring.  i think i'll look for a new one at the used book shop next time i'm in.  i'd be happy to find a vintage hardcover like the one above.  

speaking of favorite books, my first favorite childhood book was "the yearling" which i read multiple times always sobbing heavily the last 25 pages or so.  i think i've said this here before, but i remember the first time i read it i couldn't see the pages for crying so hard.  and then i had a pretty serious "harriet the spy" phase.  so my reading habits aren't always so intense, you see.  but i did read a whole lot as a girl.  i am grateful for this.  

i'm thinking of getting a tattoo of that book cover design above.  my boy ethan and i have an ink appointment in december together.  i'm so looking forward to this because i want another tattoo.  and because i love my boy.

4 comments:

BananaSaurusRex said...

Great idea for ink. I love that book too - can you believe she was so young when she wrote it? Amazing.

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

love that image as a tattoo...perfect, and unique.

Amy said...

Harriet the Spy is the BEST! (but the movie sucked big time). I think a tattoo of that book cover would be awesome. I've actually never read that one...I should check it out!

jessica/miniature rhino said...

yes. i support this idea !!