Monday, December 21, 2009

frame vintage wallpaper




We live in an old house. The original cape is circa 1850 or thereabouts. When we moved in there were still a couple rooms with old peely wallpaper. They were in bad shape. And they were not overly fabulous patterns or colors. But in hindsight I think it may have been a good idea to leave the paper in our front hall. After all, I am a fan of decrepit.
Look at the image on the top with framed fragments of paper! So genius. I love the frames she chose, I love the way she displays them. Hell, I love that dresser, don't you?
I have collected old wallpapers from the flea and antiques shops. And I have a stack of old frames from the same. Maybe over the holiday I will try framing some. If I do I will show you the results.
other images via here and here.



4 comments:

Alison said...

Aw, that's a really pretty idea!

littlebyrd said...

Oh - do it! I want to see yours! This is a really nice idea.

katy elliott said...

This is so cute. I have a stack of wallpaper I've been saving from my house. I can't get the pieces off in that big chunks. But somehow I get them framed.

Unknown said...

ketchwallpaper.com will send you samples of wallpaper that you want and you could frame them! They are not as old as 1850 but they are from 1960's and 1970's so it will give you a really retro feel. I used this idea at my place only i put the frames on the wall clustered together! Beautiful!