Wednesday, December 30, 2009

three things i love this morning



First of all, take a look at that little folksy industrial cabin designed by green builder Jetson Green. I always love that corrugated metal siding when I see it. What an awesome material.
The second is an image from the portfolio of designer Kathy Dalwood. The combination of the two textiles on the chair and the picture above are so mega-delish.
And last, I'm getting another tattoo January 2nd and I'm trying to figure out what I want. I need to give the tattooist the design ahead of time so pretty much need to email him a picture in the next day or two. For the last few days I've set my mind on a bracelet with a wavy design and I'm thinking the purple one in the third image. But not purple per se. That's the other thing...should I stay with black/grey or go color? If you have any input please leave a comment.

4 comments:

MaryAnne LoVerme said...

I'd stick with black/gray for the tattoo

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Love that little cabin and the second image as well...that purple design is gorgeous. I love it and think it would be a great bracelet. I have to say, I think the purple is awesome though, maybe you wouldn't like it over time? Great choice hun!
xo
Melis

Anonymous said...

I like the purple and the salmon designs. The salmon one looks like seismic waves almost. When I got my wrist tattoo the artist encouraged me to go with black because the skin is so thin in the area that the colors fade much faster.

Katherine said...

i love that little cabin--i have been having serious fantasies lately about packing up the little boy, the dog, the cat, the chickens and the sewing machine and moving to a house in the woods, and that place would suit us well!

the chartreuse stripes on the chair are gorgeous with the black frame.

as for tattoo talk... i could go either way. for my own body i prefer either black outline or color only, but not both. those designs are gorgeous, and i would love to see them in color--maybe some of the richer colors are less prone to fade? type of ink obviously makes a difference, as well. can't wait to see how it turns out!