Wednesday, February 2, 2011

no knead bread


i want to strongly suggest you try making this no knead bread.  soon.  we demolished half this loaf before i could even grab my camera to take a picture.  i added some flax seeds to the dough. and we ate it with butter and homemade peach jam.  fah-bu-lous.  a couple notes...my mum gave me one of those large ridiculously expensive le creuset pots and that's what i used for the baking.  mine has a plastic knob on the cover though and i had to take it off the pot (it's just screwed on) before putting it in this hot an oven.  i think it would melt otherwise.  also, i only baked it a total of 35-40 minutes.  only 5-10 minutes with the top off at the end.

yum.
xo
me

4 comments:

greatest friend said...

looks and sounds delectable! thank you for sharing, definitely will try. liane... the handle on your overpriced baking dish (i too have one as a gift) - is ovenproof... ;)

jodi said...

Tis true, I've been using my le creuset to make this same bread for a couple years now & the the handle can handle it! I have a slightly tweaked version of that recipe you might like to try - its got more twang. The difference is the liquid. Instead of the amount of water in the recipe you used, I use 7 ounces of water, 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of mild beer, and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. We often add fresh rosemary which is delish. It never lasts more than about 12 hours around here.

Also wanted to say thanks for the inspired words from Ira G. & Mary O. They are both heros of mine!

Hello Lindello said...

My husband and I have been making this since we heard him on the Splendid Table. OMG! It is SO GOOD. I love the Panne Olive bread the most.

megsheff said...

I saw a post recently (maybe on the Kitchn) where someone swapped out the plastic lid handle with a wooden knob.