Thursday, January 12, 2012

effing mystery






my picks at the local auction place.

i haven't been to an auction in ages.  two reasons: i can't afford it and i've recently purged down to a minimum of stuff around here.  but i still like to look.  and someday i will see that perfect old rug and i will do some bidding again.  i like playing the bidding game.  i even had a dream about it last night.  me, just sitting there, bidding.  at least that's all i recall.  

wouldn't it be weird, so weird, to see a recording of a night's dreams?  every single one.  all the details and full stories you've completely forgotten??  it may be a little too mind-blowing, no?  

do you remember i was on a jag of reading about dream theory and recording my dreams some months ago.  it seemed especially peculiar that your brain is set up to forget dreams upon waking.  within a matter of seconds a dream dissipates.  even moving your body, stretching, does something to hasten the forgetting.  

what an effing mystery it all is, my friends.
x
L


3 comments:

nicole said...

When I was a kid I wanted so badly for someone to invent a brain "VCR" that could record my dreams. Now I'm not so sure it would be a good idea...

little part said...

last night i woke in the middle of the night thinking that everyone i have ever known was in my dream and i was on some type of secret spy mission...fell right back to sleep, but couldn't get it back...still wondering how it turned out...

Annie B said...

Man I love those travel drawers( chest?) in the top picture! Dreams perplex me, had a dream the other night that we had a picket fence and the other half chopped the pointed bits of the top.I think I may need therapy!